Friday, March 28, 2008

Who's the Worst Blogger Ever??

I suppose by now it's clear that I am. Although I will go easy on myself given that I am in a little surf village called Tofo in Mozambique, where even an ATM is an hour away by public transport. Certainly, in such a place, internet is more a luxury than a way of life.

For one thing, there's no building in this town more than two stories high. No hotels per se, just a lot of camp lodges and guesthouses. Since I got here 10 days ago, I've been hanging out with a small (but tight) crew of ex-pats and a bunch of local guys. Everyone is great fun to hang out with, and despite my rampant chain-smoking and chain-drinking of Tipo Tinto, the local rum (750 mL will cost you roughly $3US), I've managed to make some good friends here. I'm heading out tonight with a group of the locals to hit a club in Maputo and do some serious damage there for their Saturday night party.

Beyond that, just living it large here in Tofo. I have a story on my Syrian experience upcoming, but as with the others, it takes time just to find a computer that will accept a memory key, much less one that has a connection fast enough to upload anything. I'll keep trying. I'm sure by now most people don't even check this anymore. For those of you that do, I appreciate you keeping the faith. Clearly the next blog (once home) will have much more periodic updates.

No comments: