Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Got Robbed!!! Twice!!!

Finally!!!!! After nine months of traveling without incident, I was starting to think I looked poor or something. Then, along came a nice gentleman this afternoon to wildly gesticulate while clutching my shirtsleeve as his buddy lifted my piece-o'-shit first generation Motorola RAZR out of my pocket. How'd he know I was so dissatisfied with that thing? Who knew the good people of Dar es Salaam were so perceptive?

Then, when I got my huge backpack from the baggage carousel in Pemba, Mozambique (where I am now), I found it had been rifled through and my camera was missing. But.... the good fellow responsible was nice enough to leave the camera bag behind, which I found immensely thoughtful. I'm so glad people care about me in Dar es Salaam.

Actually, Dar was fine up until an hour before I was leaving for the airport and the first incident occurred. At least the phone was a story to tell. The camera is just shit luck. But I'm fine (for those that were wondering) so the stories should keep coming as I get more and more of my belongings taken from me. On the bright side, and as my friend in Ukraine reminded me, at least I'm still an ass virgin. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.